How to book your holiday
Find your perfect holiday property on our UK site where prices are shown in sterling and are based on UK-France ferry crossings.
Then, call our Reservations Team on 021 427 7801 for a quote from Ireland to France in Euros.
Brittany Ferries is bonded with Commission for Aviation (Licence No TA0018), which means your ferry-inclusive holiday and money are fully protected.
- Hotel official star ratings do not always reflect the standard and quality - some are often worth a higher grade. Others choose not to be classified, however these are generally of a very high standard and excellent value.
- Services and facilities tend to vary according to the cost so bear this in mind when deciding where to stay.
- Bedrooms have at least a shower and wc. As rooms are allocated on arrival, specific requests for a shower or bath can be noted, but not confirmed.
- Supplements for sea views etc shown in euros are paid direct to the hotels.
- Room prices include breakfast. At some hotels dinner is also included - see description. When the 7 for 6 offer applies, dinner is not provided for the free night.
- A room for 3 will be a double bedroom with folding single bed. Family rooms are only suitable for 2 adults and 2 children - these are often larger double rooms with additional sofa bed or folding beds added.
- Children occupying a full size bed pay the adult rate, except at hotels where this offer applies. When this is shown a child under 12 stays free, if sharing a twin/double room with 2 adults - meals are not included.
- We do not charge for hotel accommodation for children under 4, unless they occupy a full size bed. We can request a cot for babies or toddlers, but these are not always available and a charge will be made by the hotelier - payable direct. It is recommended, and often cheaper and easier, to take a travel cot.
- If you book six nights or more at a hotel showing this offer the seventh night is free. This does not apply in July and August. The 7 night inclusive prices shown for these hotels already allow for this free night.
- The distances shown within descriptions are approximate and the restaurant closures are provided by our suppliers as a guideline - these may change without prior notice.
- Some private and public garages cannot accommodate high vehicles such as large people carriers and Range Rovers.
All Self Catering
- All accommodation has a fridge and cooking facilities and extras such as microwave, washing machine or dishwasher are listed. Keen cooks should read the descriptions carefully, as some apartments and chalets only feature a hob.
- A mezzanine is an open gallery, often used for extra beds but not ideal for youngsters with early bedtimes or the elderly or infirm as they are generally reached by steep stairs.
- Stairs may be steep or narrow and/or open tread - if so the description tells you.
- Cots and child beds are unlikely to be the latest model and will have been used by others.
- Bathrooms have a bath (usually with shower attachments) and shower rooms have a shower. Neither include a wc unless stated.
- Properties with satellite tv do not necessarily receive English speaking channels but will normally obtain an international sports and news channel.
- Gardens are usually informal, with grassy areas instead of neat manicured lawns. If they are enclosed, the description tells you.
- Barbecues, bicycles or games may be provided although they might show signs of wear and tear so you may prefer to take your own.
- Some of the holiday facilities and activities detailed (especially swimming pools) may not be available outside the high season, and this is reflected in our prices.
- Cleaning is not included unless stated and cleaning products are not provided. At many properties an end of stay cleaning service is available at extra cost or may even be compulsory - this is detailed in the description. The amount payable is a set charge or an hourly rate as shown and payment is made direct to the host. In any case properties must be cleaned for the next occupants. If this is not done and you have not paid for the cleaning service, money will be deducted from your deposit.
- Where bed linen (sheets and pillowcases) and/or towels are provided or can be hired this is noted in the description and can be supplied at the price shown in euros per bed per change. Otherwise you will need to take your own. Also take tea towels. Blankets, square pillows or bolsters are always provided although at most British-owned cottages you will find English pillows rather than the traditional French square ones. If duvets are provided this is stated.
- Your accommodation will generally be ready for you to arrive between 4 and 6pm and you are requested to leave by 10am.
Villas with pool, Apartments, Holiday Resorts and Chalet Camping
- Rental prices include power, water and heating unless otherwise stated.
- Clients staying at a villa with pool will need to pay from €500 to €750 (credit or debit card details held). Your booking confirmation will show the exact amount payable.
- At all apartments, resorts and campsites the deposits payable on arrival will vary between approximately €100 and €800. This can be held by credit/debit card details being given except at some sites where only cash is accepted. In these cases, the amount will be a maximum of €300. Your booking confirmation will show the exact amount payable.
- When we are not completely specific about the types of beds (double, single, bunks etc) we have different combinations available. Please discuss your party's requirements with our reservations staff before booking.
- The apartment, chalet and villa complexes exterior and interior pictures are indicative of the style and type of décor and furnishings, but these can vary.
Gites and Cottages
- Rental prices include electricity (up to 8 units per day), gas (except for heating) and water for basic domestic use. Any excess usage will be charged for. A unit of electricity costs around €0.15.
- At all gites and cottages a deposit between €80 and €900 is payable in cash on arrival, but where it is higher than €200 the excess amount can be paid cheque made out to Brittany Ferries and sent to the Cork office prior to departure. This is only cashed in the event of major damage and the balance will be refunded by cheque on return to Ireland. If you are taking your pet an extra deposit may be requested. Details will be provided with your travel documents.
- Heating, when used, will be charged between €5 and €20 per day depending on the size of the property. Some owners prefer to charge a weekly amount of around €20-€100 for heating, gas, electricity and water as they do not have access to the meter. Clients booked in a cottage may be asked to replace the gas bottle when it runs out (approximately €25). Details will be sent with your travel itinerary. Wood when provided and unless otherwise specified has to be paid for. On many occasions it may need to be gathered or purchased by the clients.
- A living area will have table and chairs and some comfortable seating unless stated.
- Even though some pools are shown as being exclusive to clients the owners can choose to use them whilst their guests are out.
- Country homes, particularly those that are not permanently occupied by people, may well be the year-round homes of birds, bees or small furry things. This does not in any way reflect on standards of cleanliness, but may alarm those not used to rural living. Likewise, neighbouring farms will be seen as a delight for some, and the source of smells and early morning noise by others.
- Our properties are hugely varied. One person's idea of blissful, away-from-it-all peace is another's alarming isolation and some may find the charm of a working farm outweighed by early morning agricultural activities and animal noises.
About your holiday
How to book your holiday
Inclusive holidays cannot be booked online at this time. Should you wish to make a booking, please call our Reservations Team on 021 4277 801, where our skilled staff will be able to complete your booking. Should you have already booked your ferry online, the Reservations Team can add holiday accommodation and apply the 15% ferry discount to which you are enitiled.
Any accommodation on the website or brochure can be used for a multi-centre holiday, with time spent in more than one location.
Wherever possible we will try to meet your specific requirements but more often than not our suppliers allocate accommodation on arrival and although requests can be noted, we are unable to guarantee these. Please call our Reservations Team on 021 4277 801.
The properties that may be suitable for clients with restricted mobility are shown with . However you must discuss your specific requirements with us before making your booking.
The local authorities in France may charge a Tourist Tax for each person staying there. This varies from place to place, and can be up to a maximum of €2.00 per day.
Outdoor pools are normally open from mid June to mid September (if heated slightly longer) and may close due to weather conditions or if maintenance is required. This is entirely at the discretion of the management/owner. Also on board the Pont-Aven and Cap Finistère, under certain conditions, the Captain may decide to close the pool. Whenever using a pool suitable swimwear must be worn and swimming shorts are not usually acceptable. Hats are also often compulsory in public pools. Parents should be extra vigilant and supervise children in and around pool areas at all times.
Passport for pets
Most domestic pets can also discover the joys of France and Spain by travelling under the Pets Passport Scheme. Please contact your vet or the Department of Agriculture helpline on 1890 200 510 for information. It should be noted that the procedure can take up to 7 months to complete so you will need to plan well ahead. We have highlighted accommodation that welcomes pets with - if you are taking more than one animal please let us know as we will have to make a special request which may be refused. A charge may be made.
All passengers must have a valid passport. Irish passport application forms are available from Post Offices and you should allow up to 12 weeks for issue or renewal. Visas are not required for France and Spain by EU nationals. Any child going abroad without a parent or legal guardian must also have a letter of consent otherwise permission to travel may be refused.
For queries visit www.dfa.ie or call the Department of Foreign Affairs on 01 4780822.
You are required to have a Euro plate or show an IRL sticker, carry spare bulbs and have deflectors stuck on your headlights. In the event of breakdown or accident a warning triangle must be displayed and high visibility jackets (kept in the car) must be worn when outside the vehicle. Failing to comply will result in a large fine. All members of the party who intend to drive abroad must take their driving licences and be over 18. For up to date information please vist www.theaa.ie
It is important to take out travel insurance when travelling abroad. Emergencies can be very expensive (e.g. medical assistance and car breakdown) and you need to ensure you have adequate cover and peace of mind.
All members of your party will also need a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). Apply online at www.ehic.ie or telephone 1850 24 1850. Many insurance companies insist on this being used before a claim is made on your Personal Travel Insurance. It is advisable to have Vehicle Assistance and you are advised to check with your insurance company whether you need a green card.
The Brittany Ferries Privilege Card entitles you to discounts at museums and leisure attractions nearly everywhere you go, and at wine warehouses near our ports. And the best thing about it is that it's absolutely FREE when you book any Brittany Ferries holiday or break.
Included with your travel documents will be a trolley token to use at supermarkets and an excellent map of France.
Price match guarantee
If you can find an identical holiday at a lower price within 28 days of booking with Brittany Ferries, we guarantee to match it. Travel and accommodation must be offered (and be available) as an inclusive package by the tour operator. The price match is based on published brochure prices and excludes group discounts, insurance, hotel booking service, special offers, loyalty bonuses and travel agent discounts.
Fully bonded holidays
We are a member of the Passenger Shipping Association so you can book with confidence in the knowledge that your holiday is totally secure.
Our holiday helpline
If you encounter any problems on holiday that you cannot resolve yourself, we operate a Holiday Helpline, with English speaking staff on hand to give you any assistance you require. Details are supplied with your holiday documents.
French public holidays
On public holidays you will find shops, museums and banks are often closed, so make sure you have enough local currency to tide you over. And remember, trading laws often do not allow shopping on a Sunday except in tourist areas.