Travelling with a pet on board Pont-Aven
We're looking forward to welcoming you and your four-legged friend on board Pont-Aven. We hope that this information will help you understand what to expect when boarding the ship, during the sailing and again prior to disembarkation.
Arrival at port
- We recommend that your dog has been exercised and toileted before boarding the ship
- Your dog's chip will be scanned and your Pet Passport checked.
- We will place a sticker on your car windscreen to ensure you're parked appropriately on board.
- Please do not remove this sticker until having exited your port of arrival.
Pets aren't allowed in cabins or any other public areas of the ship (except registered assistance dogs); they must remain in your vehicle or designated pet areas and kennels - as per your booking.
If you have booked a kennel
- Once parked on board, please wait with your pet inside your vehicle until a member of crew comes to greet you. We'll then take you - via the lift - to the kennels on deck 10.
- At this point, we will give you all the information you need for the sailing, including how to access the kennels which are open throughout the sailing.
- Designated pet exercise areas are located on deck 10, next to the kennels, and below on deck 9.
Whilst transferring your dog from your vehicle to the kennels and back again, it must be muzzled and on a lead.
- Approximately 90 minutes before arrival, an announcement will be made inviting you to collect your pet from the kennels. We'll then take you back down to your vehicle.
- On Cork-Roscoff sailings, you'll collect your pet once the ship has docked.
- Once your pet is safely back in your vehicle, you must return to the upper decks until the ship has docked.
If you are leaving your pet in your vehicle (sailings to and from France only)
- We strongly recommend opening your window to provide ventilation during the sailing and leaving some water for your pet.
Access to the garages during the crossing is forbidden, except when with a member of our crew.
All visits are subject to weather conditions and the captain reserves the right to change or refuse visits at any time. For exact visit times, please ask a member of crew at the information desk on deck 6.